Minute of meeting 23/02/2019
Agenda of female Guru in ISKCON.
1. It has come to Mayapur Community Sevaks attention that the GBC is considering to appoint Matajis as Diksha Gurus in ISKCON.
2. ISKCON is the strongest limb in Lord Chaitanya’s mission in East India and Bangladesh.
3. ISKCON specifically comes under Gaudiya Saraswat Vaishnava family, the lineage from Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur Prabhupada, wherein there was never a history of Matajis being appointed as Diskha Gurus.
4. The idea of female Diksha Guru is mostly found among Prakrta Sahajiyas, the Sakhibheki and other Apasampradayas.
5. Whereas, in light of the situation in East of India as well as Bangladesh, wherein there is a huge amount of Prakrta Sahajiyas who are posing as a big challenge to the authorized movement of Srila Prabhupada. ISKCON is bound to face serious challenges and it’s credibility will be hampered if Matajis are appointed as female Diskha Gurus.
6. If in an unfortunate situation of the Mataji deciding to get married to her disciple after becoming a Diksha Guru, ISKCON will become a laughing stock!
7. The GBC has a responsibility to not just to protect ISKCON, but also to consider all possible consequences of their action
In light of this, the Mayapur Community Sevaks most humbly request the Mayapur Administrative council to kindly bring up this topic to the MEB and to the larger GBC body so that they can take a decision on the Female Diksha Guru in considering all the possible consequences of their action and in light of that they should decide what is best for Srila Prabhupada’s mission.
Vote: All in favor, 1 abstention